Fundamental changes are taking place in the logistics industry and Wallenius Wilhelmsen is gathering its forces to take full advantage of new opportunities. Recognizing the key role that market insight and our long-term strategy plays in defining our future as a company, we are strengthening our team of professionals.
We are looking for a data & market analyst to strengthen our technical and analytical bench-strength. Together with the Strategy, M&A and Market Insight team located in Oslo you will provide relevant, up-to-date and efficient analysis to support decision-making across the group. As a company, we are developing solutions to fundamentally improve sustainability and performance in the outbound supply chain and in our shipping operations.
In this journey you will deliver high quality analysis as well as technical expertise to support our journey towards ‘Market Insight as a Service’ for internal stakeholders, through amongst other things creation of a new suite of PowerBI dashboards, visualizing our current and future market data. You will further support M&A and strategy projects across our main segments and regions, working closely with other members of the team.
If you want to be part of shaping our vision for the supply chain of the future and our path towards Wallenius Wilhelmsen’s vision to offer sustainable logistics for a world in motion, please submit your application!
Main responsibilities and tasks:
By leveraging your technical and analytical skillsets you will:
- Own data governance and automation across the responsibilities of the team
- Drive development and maintain suite of Market Insight Power BI self-service apps
- Continuously strive to find new relevant sources of data through data mining or new external sources of information
- Conducting screening and research for Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Perform market and competitor analysis
- Ad-hoc support for ongoing projects and deliverables in the team
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
To fulfill the job requirements, we think you might have:
- Higher education, preferably in technical/ IT degree related to data science (or the like) or business administration/ finance
- Minimum two years of experience in conducting quantitative analyses and data science related work from the industry, management/ IT consulting or similar. Graduates with solid grades and relevant internships/ work-experience are also encouraged to apply
- Experience with building and maintaining market insight infrastructure such as databases, models and reports
- Advanced knowledge of relevant software such as Excel, business insight tools such as PowerBI, Alteryx, statistical software etc.
- An advantage with knowledge of or experience from scripting in VBA (or similar) or programming in R or Python (or similar)
- Gather, produce and deliver market insight and forecasts to support planning and decision-making process in the company
- Fluent in written and oral English
Who are we looking for?
To succeed in the role, it is essential that you are positive, pro-active, organized, thorough and able to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – we are looking for someone with analytical and curious mindset!
You have excellent interpersonal skills and are a team player with a pragmatic and professional nature. Through various projects, you will develop a global network at all levels of the organization. It is therefore essential that you have cross-cultural understanding and can communicate with all levels inside and outside the organization.
This is a global role reporting to the VP Strategy, M&A and Market Insight. The Data & Market Analyst has extensive contact with other members of the Strategy, M&A and Market Insight team, as well as exposure towards all group business units, senior management and external parties. Some traveling must be expected.
What you can expect working in Wallenius Wilhelmsen:
You can expect hard work, a lot of fun and to be challenged every day. In return we promise you will be part of an exciting journey. Your initiative and desire to contribute in developing the company globally is expected and appreciated. We strongly believe that our team of people want to do their best. All in the spirit of being the leading company in their industry, and always striving to take an active role in defining the future of logistics, more sustainable solutions for the changing world of mobility and transport on land and sea.
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen Group is an equal opportunity employer that strongly believes in diversity and a value driven culture. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a global company with colleagues and stakeholders from different cultures and countries and where English is the working language.
Does this sound like you? Then we are looking forward to learning more about your motivation in your application letter. For more information about the position please contact our advisor Jonny Arnesen, Partner in Compass Human Resources at tel: +47 924 96 992 or VP Strategy, M&A and Market Insight in Wallenius Wilhelmsen Christian Holth at tel: +47 481 93 788. Please submit your application and CV by clicking on the application button as soon as possible and no later than February 23rd 2020.