Verdane’s ambition is to be the preferred buyer of, and partner to, ambitious technology enabled growth businesses. The Investment Intern programme is a one to two-year programme in our offices in either Oslo, Stockholm, Copenhagen or Helsinki, and offers a unique entry into the private equity industry. The Investment Intern programme gives you a taste of the challenges associated with building great businesses. It combines the M&A aspects of investment banking with the strategy work of a consulting firm, while approaching both from the perspective of an investor. You will be working part-time combining your on-going studies and various projects at Verdane approx. 15-20 hours/week.
On a day-to-day basis…
You will be researching markets, industries, and companies to support Verdane’s investment strategy. You will analyse complex data sets to identify key trends and insights that drive decisions for an investor. you will get experience evaluating new investments and learning, from the ground-up, how a sector-specific private equity investor identifies, evaluates, and executes investments in a diverse set of companies.
You will be a perfect fit to our corporate values when…
- You dare to be different; an important part of our business is about seeing opportunities where others see problems. Everyone in the firm should challenge established truths and be comfortable voicing their own opinions.
- You get things done; we strive to help colleagues and business partners to focus on key issues and to shorten decision making cycles.
- You have respect for people; our business is built on people. To get the best out of people they need to be respected and valued. We believe respect is based on an open dialogue.
- You are best in class; we want to be best at what we do. We believe continuous improvement is the only way to get there, and we always seek to learn through feedback, and from everyone we interact with.
- You are passionate; we enjoy what we do! We consider ourselves lucky in that we get to follow so many exciting companies on their growth journeys.
We believe that…
- You are a last year Bachelor-student and will start your Master this fall or studying with at least one year left on your Master.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and at least one Nordic language.
- You are an advanced Excel and PowerPoint user.
- You have a passion for technology and entrepreneurship, combined with a genuine interest in learning more about private equity.
- Experience from entrepreneurship, management consulting or investment banking is meriting.
Please send us your application before May 10th, 2018 to email@example.com. We would like you to attach your CV, cover letter, references (if relevant) and grades from university/business school. Please include your cumulative numerical grade average (A=5, B=4 ect.)
Anette Waaler will be responsible for the process in Norway and Denmark, please contact her on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +47 92 06 36 1515 or Tove Söderberg for the process in Sweden and Finland. Tove will be reached on email@example.com or telephone +46 728 58 79 28.
Verdane funds provide flexible growth capital to fast-growing software, consumer internet, energy or high-technology industry businesses. Examples of our investments are: Boozt.com, EasyPark, Mathem, Eleven, Caliroots, RoyalDesign and many more. Please visit our website www.verdanecapital.com for more information about us.
A Verdane internship story
Working at Verdane’s Stockholm office parallel to my master studies in Finance at Stockholm School of Economics gives a great everyday balance between financial theory and real-life practice, which have many synergies.
The internship at Verdane offers a unique opportunity to gain insight into the main activities of a private equity investor; sourcing, investing in and building companies. During my over one year at Verdane I have been part of several live deals, screened investment opportunities and evaluated interesting market spaces. Being an intern at Verdane highly mirrors the work you would be doing as a full-timer. Typically, I am part of a deal team of 2-3 investment professionals doing the commercial assessment and material that our investment committee use as basis for an investment decision.
What I truly appreciate at Verdane is that you become part of the ‘Verdane family’, getting to know both junior and senior colleagues as you will work closely with both. Although we have different backgrounds, some being previous entrepreneurs while others have a consulting or banking background, the common denominator in the team is the everyone is highly ambitious and driven yet has a humble approach. The firm is characterized by low levels of hierarchy and trust in each employees’ capabilities, and from day one you get the responsibility to drive tasks quite independently.
I would highly recommend the internship if you are thrilled to get your head around different sectors, want to get a fuller understanding of the thinking of a private equity investor and insights into how to drive value in technology-enabled growth companies. Plus, if you wish to become part of the friendliest firm in the industry.